Wednesday, April 2, 2014

How to pack on pageant day!

After competing in my 5th beauty pageant over the weekend I began thinking about my next one which is in less than two weeks. Interestingly enough I noticed how many girls were under prepared and were asking around for certain items. I personally believe that being over prepared just allows you to focus on yourself and getting yourself ready to be the best person you can be. 

The most common things girls didn't think to bring were: 

-Scissors (They don't have to be large but enough to clip any loose threads from your gown, as well as trim your eyelashes
-Cell Phone charger (yes your battery will drain after the 100th selfie! I recently got a MOPHIE, which is a cell phone case that is also a backup battery, LOVE)
-BUTT GLUE! I ordered mine off eBay, and was shocked that I was the only one who brought it to the pageant. I really don't mind sharing but after seeing 20 girls use my bottle of glue on their behinds I realized that I should have kept mine a secret! 
-Panty Liner for your swimsuit bottom (camel toe- enough said)
-Double sided tape (I prefer the Men's Grooming Tape brand, the strips are wider and stay longer then Hollywood tape)


I typically always bring these key items:

-Mirror (Doesn't have to be full length but that bigger the better)
-Towels (I used mine to wipe my makeup brushes and body bronzer onto)
-Moist toilettes, baby wipes or makeup wipes 
-Sugary snacks, bottled water for after swimsuit walk (I cut water 24 hours before)
-Touch up nailpolish

Labeling 101

For this pageant I didn't get the chance to order my address label stickers that I had used at state that had my picture on them. I order from Vista Print and they come out to be under $10. Having your name and face on whatever item will really help when people start borrowing your things. 

Should you bring backup jewelry, clothes, etc?

I would not recommend bringing your entire closet or jewelry armoire- figure out what you will be wearing and finalize your choices- wrap your jewelry so that it does not get damaged and bring extra earring backs. Stick with bringing only for sure items. Often I have worn the same shoes for swim and evening gown, just to avoid confusion and having to relearn how to walk in a different style. If the pageant is a three day event and you are staying in a hotel room, then I would definitely bring multiples of everything. There will always be moment where you wish you would have brought something different or realize you forgot something. I've realized just to be relaxed and letting it go- nothing will ever be perfect so just have fun, smile and keep strutting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment