Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Foolproof Happy Hour / Afterwork Outfit

Happy Hour outfit




I always pack my purse, gym bag and items that I will need for the next day the night before. All of this week I have been invited to company dinners, fashion events and happy hours with friends. As the girl on the go, I wanted to share one fool proof outfit that can be be modified to suit you. I think this can be dressed up or down and can transition your form the work day to the evening. 

1. Circle Skirt: I like to choose one that is at the most 5-6" above the knee. Anything shorter is asking for trouble. I like to wear my skirts at the smallest part of my waist. 

2. Classic knit top: I normally will wear a plain tank top- I like the $2.80 ones from Forever 21. But if I am at a work events I prefer to wear something with a higher neckline or with some sleeve. 

3. Simple Pump: Since it is fall I chose something for this with a close toe, but if you are in a warmer climate peep toe is still OK. Wearing a heel will always add a touch of elegance regardless of the type of event. 

4. Shoulder bag: It doesn't even have to be designer, but as long as your purse is smaller then a paperback novel and coordinates with your outfit then you are in the clear.  I typically tend to match the hardware color from my handbag to my jewelry. So if my purse have gold straps and hardware I will choose gold jewelry and vice versa. 

5. Stud earrings (small drop): While I prefer giant chandelier earrings and hoops on my days off, I tend to stick to a simple stud earring and drops for work, as well as my favorite diamond bow ring. 

6. Hair: depending on how much time I had that morning it may be blown out, or just back in a simple pony, I prefer to wear my hair to frame my face, so a simple side braid always looks chic. 

7. Makeup: I like neutral/pinkish lips- nothing to heavy because it will come off when you are eating and drinking anyways. As for the face I would accentuate the eye makeup a little darker and smokier for the evening. 

+Please note, since I live in LA- I do not wear stockings or tights, unless I am  New York. 

1 comment:

  1. This was a great deal. Great dress, fit to size, nice material. I am a size 6 and about 5"2 the dress fits perfectly. The dress is not forgiving so make sure you have spanks on under.
    Vero Cuoio boots

    ReplyDelete