Thursday, November 28, 2013

Interview with Makeup Artist Christen Hiller


Christen Hiller is a Professional Makeup Artist based in Los Angeles and Orange County. She has worked on faces for various projects like: feature films, music videos and photo-shoots. She has her work published in Makeup Enthusiasts Magazine as well as Like a Lion magazine in Australia. Most recently, she has worked on runway models for LA Fashion Week. Christen and I worked together on an outdoor photo-shoot with photographer Stacey Shipp. 
Photo: Photographer=SS Photography
Model=Marcella Mia Josephine Danilowicz
Hair= Amanda Gonzalez
Photo: New work
Photographer= SS Photography
Model= Marcella Mia Josephine Danilowicz
Hair= Amanda Gonzalez

Q. Tell me how did you decide to become an makeup artist? 

My inspiration for makeup comes from being exposed to the artistry world as a young girl. My grandmother painted on Porcelyn China, and my mother catered weddings- doing weddings cakes.  Both of them were perfectionist in there craft . When I was 14 I got into skating lesson where I was exposed to being judged in beauty and artistry. I attended Empire makeup academy and that launched my career. 


Q. What are the top 5 essentials all women should carry with them at all times?

I would say the top 5 things that i think are must haves is eyeliner , pressed powder, lip gloss , mascara and a small bottle of purfume . I carry them with me everywhere i go . Your always gonna need to touch up before heading out weather its a date or meeting up with the girls

Q. One thing that stuck with me after working with you, was the importance of taking care of your skin. Can you tell me more about your tips and tricks?

Ever woman should own: eye makeup remover, cream cleanser  to cleanse your skin , toner, eye cream for day and night and also moisturizer for the day and night . You want remover because it will remove any residue that is left on the eye. You want to avoid an cleansers that have sodium laurel sulfates (detergent) it will strip moisture off your skin . Day moisturizer because you want something as to cover the surface of the skin from free radicals that float in our environment (dirt) that would clug your poors   Eye cream is an essential because we age the quickest in eye area. Your eye is 7 times thiner then the rest of your face.  And lastly an evening moisturizer cause thats when your skin really needs that drink. We do things to ours selves daily that can cause dehydration which is anything from having too much caffine intake to lota of  sodas  or even lack of sleep . 


Twitter and Instagram @Artisty4life 
Email: christenhiller@aol.com 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Artistry-by-Christen-Hiller

By: Marcela Mia Danilowicz

No comments:

Post a Comment