Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Preparing for an audition

I was called in for an audition today for an upcoming film. Since I have the week off from work and am on a stay-cation I was acctually able to attend mid day. I did a few things to help ease any stress and look my best! I ended up having 6 auditions and 3 call backs this week alone- and realized if you put the time and energy into something- anything is possible! 


1. I slept in. Surprisingly I rarely have time to sleep in- maybe once a week, I'm running on 5-6 hours of sleep a night normally. So sleeping in for about 9 hours really gave me that extra boost. 

2. Detox Tea. I had a cup before bed the night before. 

3. Limited water and caffeine. Water does bloat you when your intake increases. I had only a medium black coffee right before. I like to have caffeine right before filming because it really does ease nerves and gives you high energy to be  a bigger personality on camera. I cut my normal coffee consumption to about half so it would not dehydrate my body too much! 

4. I also hit the gym first thing in the morning for a mile run and weighted ab work out. 



I also like to show up to any audition in full makeup with my hair done. I always do full makeup for my day job anyways- I believe that when you look good you will also feel good. 

(With my best friends at Cafe Gratitude after. We also saw Adrien Grenier having lunch!) 

I always like to wear a bright colored cocktail/ sundress to an audition. I think that something that compliments your skin tone is always best- I have worn reds, pinks and yellows in the past. Heels are also a must! 


By: Marcela  Mia Danilowicz 

No comments:

Post a Comment