Friday, November 8, 2013

Nail Polish / Manicures



I wanted to share a little about what nail polish colors I use on the daily. While I love nail art and crazy colors, I also prefer to choose classic colors because of work and they are easier to match any outfit and occasion. 

My all time favorite which I am wearing right now is Essie FIJI. I use two coats and like to follow with a Seche Vite topcoat. The shade is perfect for when you have a tan or when you don't and is neutral enough to blend into any outfit. 

French Manicures are also my favorite. I think that they always look classic. I recently had french tip acrylics, which I like shaped more rounded. French is always timeless. I also prefer to get acrylics for very special occasions. The only pitfall is that my nails tend to get thin after about two fills, so I have to remove them. Some tips:
  • Always clean your nails with alcohol each day
  • Use makeup brushes or it will stain your nails
  • Watch your manicurist apply them, and inspect the tip after they are done. I have had glue build up and even the nail tip not properly glued on (which will let water in leading to mold). 
Red is my go to for film or when I will be seen on stage. I think that it is nice to be to have a nail color that still shows off your hand, and can be seen from afar. I always choose a red that compliments my skin tone (deep blood reds). (This red was painted on a acrylic nail, which lasted for 2 weeks) 
prenatal Vitamin Formula Multivitamins-Oral Prenatal Formula Multi Vitamins 180 caps from Nature’s Way

Also, the longer your nail, the skinnier your hand looks (and more feminine)! My goal is to grow my natural nail as long as possible! I take various supplements to help with this. Right now I take Pre-natal from Whole Foods, which also helps with hair growth!


By: Marcela Mia Danilowicz 

No comments:

Post a Comment