Saturday, November 2, 2013

How to clean makeup brushes

There are many ways to properly clean your makeup brushes, some artists use wipes after each use; I like to wash mine properly once a week on the weekend. I prefer to use a face-wash as my detergent, currently I use Burt's Bee's Acne Solution gel cleanser and warm water. I know some people suggest using Johnson's Baby Shampoo, but i would rather use a something specially made for the face & that fights acne (to kill any germs). I wouldn't really spend the extra money for a special solution when all you basically need is your face wash (as long as it isn't creme based) and alcohol or toner. 

I bought the MAC Brush Cleanser- which is pretty much an alcohol base toner like solution. The employees at MAC showed me how to use it with a towel, but I feel like on it's own it isn't strong enough to get all of the pigments of color out. I like to use it as a rinse after I shampoo, so that it kills any extra germs that may linger. As you can see I don't really have a preference for makeup brush brands (except for the Beauty Blender)- I think there are many amazing ones. The Ecotools is inexpensive and I think I have had that brush for over 7 years! 

Always hold your brushes facing downwards when washing, so that water or soap doesn't get into the bristles and loosen the glue. I have had a few brushes that fell apart because of this. Makeup brushes can last a lifetime as long as you take care of them properly! 

By: Marcela Mia Danilowicz 
11/2/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment