Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cleanses, Diets and Flushes




In preparation for many important events I always turn to watching what goes into my body and making the best choices. There are many types of cleanses and diets I have tried, and I will only list a few. My favorite one is Kimberly Snyder’s green smoothie, which you can read about last.



1. SALT WATER FLUSH

The concept of a salt-water flush is to basically cleanse and flush your entire body of any toxic waste you may have stored. The ultimate effects are a cleaner colon. 

I never actually completed this because I threw up immediately after drinking ¼ of the salt-water solution you make with warm water.

I have heard that many runway models do salt water flushes at the same time as doing the master cleanse. I have also heard that this can be a very dangerous method of cleansing that is left as a last resort for people who get food poisoning. 

You can read about it more on this blog: 
http://www.yogitrition.com/salt-water-flush-for-colon-cleansing/

My alternative to salt-water would be drinking raw unfiltered Braggs apple cider spiked water once daily, or warm water with lemon.



2. Emergen-C

Increasing your consumption of the powdered vitamin solution has been known to improve weight loss and increase energy. I have heard that some of the Biggest Looser candidates were disqualified for overloading on Emergen-c. Personally I would not take this solely as a diet plan as the product still does contain sugar.


3. Juice Cleansing

I have tried juice cleansing on two different occasions. On both occasions I could only last for one whole day of cleansing before I felt extremely fatigued and could barely drive home from work. One cleanse I tried was the Suja cleanse system. I love the flavors of their bottled drinks, especially the cherry cayenne pepper flavor. The second occasion, was a cleanse made of fresh cold-pressed vegetables and fruits from Whole Foods. On both of these occasions I spent over $60 for one days worth of juice. I personally would suggest that if you do in fact choose to do the cleanse, prepare to take some time off of work and school in order to rest.

My alternative to juice cleansing would be to replace and solid snacks that you have throughout the day with a cold-pressed juice.


4. Starbucks Diet

I am guilty of this, and I know I am not the only city-dweller who eats, drinks and sometimes sleeps at Starbucks. I found this article about a woman who lost 85 pounds from strictly eating at Starbucks.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/starbucks-diet-one-woman-dropped-80-pounds-coffee-211600454.html

I have no complaints about this “diet”, it makes me really happy! My favorite items include: Venti Soy lattes, fruit cup, protein box and chicken and hummus. 



5. Kimberly Snyder’s Glowing Green Smoothie

I first read her book as recommended by a friend. Her goal is to eat to look and feel younger, have smoother skin and more energy. I personally have tried her suggested methods and have found that when I am consistent with the meals and planning I can drop 5-7 pounds. I have also found that my stomach looks the flattest following her method. Not only that but you can still eat, and the smoothies taste delicious. The only problem I have is that I am sometimes too busy to go grocery shopping, her method recommends using the freshest ingredients as possible, therefore you are constantly planning and preparing your meals.  

http://kimberlysnyder.net


***Please note I am not a nutritionist or doctor. These are all various things I have tried personally and I am only sharing my own experience. 




No comments:

Post a Comment