Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pageant Jewlery Tips

The best advice I have received regarding pageant jewelry is to choose anything that will sparkle and catch the light for the judges when you are on stage. Your jewelry should not overpower our figure in your swimsuit, or distract from your face. Instead it should enhance your overall presentation. One pageant coordinator told me to only wear clear rhinestone jewelry. I don't think that this is avery good idea because too much rhinestone jewelry can look cheap and not complement the warm tones in your swimsuit or gown. 

For both swimsuit and evening gown a larger dropped chandelier is a must. I like something that incorporates or compliments the colors your are wearing. 

Royalty Earrings
Royalty Earrings $25 (Such a good price!)


For cocktail or evening gown portion of a pageant I would choose a wider bangle or cuff bracelet. Necklaces are harder to pull off depending on your dresses neckline. Even if you are wearing a strapless gown, having a necklace will distract from your collar bone, which I think showing is important.  These are two bracelet options I would choose, depending on your dress design. I love the Louisa May for a more simpler gown. The Cynthia is a staple I think everyone should have, it has both rhinestone and gold and looks luxurious. 


Louisa May Bracelet
Louisa May Bracelet  $23
http://www.meghanshop.com/Louisa-May-Bracelet_p_2825.html
Cynthia Bracelet
Cynthia Bracelet $22
http://www.meghanshop.com/Cynthia-Bracelet_p_1398.html#.UmoCm66_20k

No comments:

Post a Comment