Thursday, October 24, 2013

How to be Red Carpet Glam



Miss Polonia, Egyptian Theatre

There are many tips and tricks to ensure a flawless appearance during your red carpet moment. The picture above is of myself at the opening gala of the Polish Film Festival Los Angeles at the Egyptian theatre in Hollywood, CA. 


  • Bleach your teeth! I use Tom's whitening tooth paste regularly and get ZOOM whitening from my dentist two time a year. I also touch up using a peroxide based gel. (This may sounds excessive, but I drink a LOT of coffee so this helps to combat any stains) Brush and floss before the red carpet, as you probably won't get a change to chew gum. 
  • Airbrush tan! But do it a few days before so that it does not ruin your outfit. 
  • Have a small clutch to pack your essentials of money, ID, phone and mints. (I didn't have time to chew gum, and think it is rude to be chewing away like a camel during an interview or when meeting new people). It is also best to go with someone who can hold your clutch while you walk the red carpet. 
  • SMILE! People will come up to you more, in my case everyone wanted a picture with me so I was smiling the entire time as I saw some people taking pictures from afar. 
  • Double up on foundation and concealer, contour and lighten especially under the eyes. I used two applications of finishing powder after my foundation set. 
  • Hire a driver! Depending on what your outfit is, the worst thing in the world is to have to take of your strappy high heels to drive yourself in a gown to an event. I use UBER's towncar service to drive me in an oversized SUV. Also the cars are equipped with phone chargers and mini water bottles. 
  • Have your dress fitted and hemmed. Choose something that will stand out, but also compliments the occasion. I chose this gown because the material was heavier bodied, and the color complimented the back drop. My gown did have a long train, which got very dirty and was stepped on. This will happen, choose a sturdier fabric or darker color if it bothers you.
  • Make sure that you are taped into your gown and it is not going anywhere. 
  • If you are wearing a tiara make sure it is sitting in the correct place and the combs are not showing in the back. As for the sash I would double tape it at the shoulder. 
Below are additional pictures from such a fun night!
Thanks to my sponsors POLAM Credit Union, Hellada Gallery and Polish Film Institute 




No comments:

Post a Comment